Friday, March 1, 2013

Week 6 & 7 (FEB 11 - FEB 15 & FEB 25 - MAR1) - Assignment 2 and Test Result


Back from the break!

I just realized that I forgot to write my SLOG for the week before the reading week. We got our tests back during that week. And I did quite well; the only mistake I had made was that I forgot to give an example of delta. Also, we tried to solve a problem about diagonals. Because the question was much more complicated compared to the previous "folding" question, we had not got a solution yet. I decided to find some time later after the class to figure it out

We started a new topic this week, which was about the big O and efficiency. This was not the first time I had heard these words.  I had learned some basics in both grade 12 computer science and CSC108. However, since these courses focused more on programming, the teachers taught very briefly on this topic. Therefore, I was not very confident in determining the running time before today.

My friend and I finished the second assignment yesterday. The last question was a little difficult to prove; it took us a lot of time to figure it out. However, we were still not sure about whether our proof was correct. We were planning to go to the office hour next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment