We did more big O proofs this week. I learned the difference between big O, big omega and big theta, which confused me a lot when the professor first mentioned them. We also learned how to disprove a big O statement. There was one question we did in class that used L'Hopital Rule. I thought it was a good review for MAT137. I realized that chapter 3 was a great prepare for this chapter; writing big O proofs were not that hard for me after wrting various types of proofs.
We got our test back on Wednesday, and I did quite well in this test. I realized that this test was out of 19, which meant a small mistake would make a huge difference in percentages.
The questions we did on Friday were quite interesting; they were about proving whether the addition/multiplication of two functions is bouned by another function, which was a little bit different than the questions we did before.
No comments:
Post a Comment