Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 1 (JAN 7- JAN 11) - Quantifiers


This week we learned what the course was about. To be honest, I was a little afraid about writing proofs. I always got stuck in the middle of the process. Hopefully by the end of the term, I could be more proficient in writing them.

Since it was only the beginning of the term, we just started learning about the universal quantifier and the existential quantifier. It was not the first time I had heard about these two quantifiers; we learned them in MAT137, too. However, I really liked the “salary” example. I got a better understanding about quantifiers from that example.

The pop quiz was quite interesting. I got to know about how to write comment in a more precise way while interacting with classmates.

The streetcar question also interested me. I probably would find some time to solve it using the problem-solving technique we had been taught in class.

2 comments:

  1. This course will definitely help you writing proofs, which will help you in all your courses (like MAT137Y)!

    One remark; could you change your blog's language to English? All the buttons are in Chinese which makes it hard for me to leave comments. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have changed it. I'm really sorry. I thought that it was only showing Chinese on my computer.

      Delete